Designing Your Trip
Where to Start
Our knowledgeable staff will make it easy to plan your wonderful trip to the most beautiful islands on Earth. Call us at 800-678-9964, or take a few minutes to read some of our helpful hints below and to browse our web site.
Without rival, Tahiti is the most romantic and beautiful place on earth. Intoxicating scents. Palm-shaded sugar white beaches all to yourselves. Secluded coves. Warm crystal water in extraordinary hues. Islands more sensuous than the works of Gaugin, more adventuresome that the tales of Robert Louis Stevenson, more romantic than James Michener's Bali Hai. Tahiti is the idyllic setting for a vacation in paradise. Uncrowded, private and secluded, the most magical scenery belongs to you.
Air Tahiti Nui and Air France offer a 8 ½-hour direct flight from Los Angeles to Tahiti every day of the week.
From Honolulu, Hawaiian Airlines offers a 5 ½-hour direct flight to Tahiti on a Saturday, with a Sunday return.
Citizens of the U.S. and Canada need a passport valid for six months beyond the date of return. For citizens other than U.S. or Canadian, check with the French Consulate. No immunization certificates are required.
High Season is June 1st through October 31st and over the Christmas and New Year holidays. Low Season is January 11th to March 31st and November 1st to December 10th. Mid season is April 1st to May 31st. Generally speaking, low season rates are about 10% to 15% less expensive than high season rates depending upon the islands and hotels you select.
Which Islands Should You Visit
is considered the most beautiful island in the world because of its extraordinary lagoon and water hues and its spectacular resorts "floating" on the turquoise water overlooking picture-perfect mount Otemanu.
is a very close second to Bora Bora because of the dramatic beauty and lushness of the island. It is better known for its green, tropical, mountainous interior than for its lagoon. Many people put Moorea on top of their list.
is similar to Moorea, with even more lush vegetation, but less dramatic mountains. A very quiet and more "remote" island with only 2 hotels.
is lovely and secluded. The Le Tahaa Resort is a wonderful property with its unrivaled location, stunning views, crystal lagoon and spectacular bungalows and amenities.
, and Tikehau
are atoll islands, unlike the previously mentioned mountainous islands, offering a very different style of landscape with a remote and exotic feeling. This is where you will find the best snorkeling/diving.
A Few Things to Consider
- We typically would not recommend spending less than 3 nights on any particular island (except possibly Tahiti) because it makes it feel too rushed.
- We usually don’t recommend spending more than 8 nights on any single island because the islands are small and people tend to get restless after 7 nights on one island
- Traveling between islands is easy and fast, so you should plan on visiting more than one island if you stay a week or more.
- All islands/resorts are well suited and welcoming for everyone, whether on vacation, a honeymoon, or with family.
- The weather and seasons should not be factors in choosing your dates. It will usually be warm and sunny.
Some Planning Tips and Questions to Consider
You can trust our experts to help you plan the perfect trip. The planning process is more involved than most people realize, but we can make it easy and fun for you. We will ask questions like the ones listed below to lead you to a vacation or honeymoon that's just right for you.
- What is your budget?
- When can you take your trip and for how long would you like to be away?
- Do you want to be lively or lazy?
Here are just some of the hints that our Tahiti Travel consultants give for a perfect vacation:
- Book your reservations at least six months ahead. The major obstacle to booking the trip you want, whether it's a custom itinerary, package vacation or tour, is availability. Flights and hotels fill up many months in advance. This is why it pays off to plan and book your honeymoon as early as possible.
- Get the best level of resort you can afford. This is where you will spend the majority of your time.
- Ask us where to splurge for upgraded accommodations such as an over-the-water bungalow. It's magical and you'll thank yourselves later!
- Plan the honeymoon together and communicate all of your preferences up front! We'll suggest the perfect itinerary for your budget and preferences.
- Check to be sure you have all the proper documentation to travel with (passport) and that you know the issues surrounding any name changes.
- Ask us for information on what there is to see and do on the islands. We know all the excursions, restaurants, etc...
If you already have your international air or can get it through frequent flyer miles, we'll be glad to give you a customized land package inclusive of accommodation and transfers.
Now, give us a call to start planning, or take a few minutes to browse our web site.